Kampala – Uganda President Yoweri Museveni was formers sworn in on May 12 to extend his term in power.
The swearing in was attended by over 10 African heads of state in the historic event that will see President Museveni serve for six terms.
Museveni who has been in power since 1986 battled it or with pop musician Robert Kyagulanyi alias Bobi Wine, in the most contested election in Uganda.
Bobi Wine had moved to court to over claims of rigging in the January 14 general election but later withdrew his case accusing the judges of bias.
The Musician has since then had several incidences with police with the latest seeing police deployed at his party headquarters, National Unity Platform, Tuesday ahead of the swearing in.
Here are the heads of state who attended the swearing in.
- Uhuru Kenyatta ~ Kenya
- Évariste Ndayishimiye ~ Burundi
- Mohamed Abdullahi Mohamed ~ Somalia
- Emmerson Mnangagwa ~ Zimbabwe
- Salva Kiir ~ South Sudan
- Hage Gottfried Geingob ~ Namibia
- Alpha Conde ~ Guinea
- Sahle-Work Zewde ~ Federal Republic of Ethiopia
- Félix Tshisekedi ~ Democratic Republic of Congo
- Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo ~ Ghana
- Samia Suluhu ~ Tanzania