WHAT IS WINGS TO FLY?
Wings to Fly is a competitive scholarship programme by EQUITY GROUP FOUNDATION which enables secondary school students access comprehensive scholarship, mentoring, and leadership development training to promising yet economically disadvantaged students for the duration of their secondary school tenure.
Equity Wings to Fly 2021 Scholarship
Application for Equity Wings to Fly 2021 scholarship is done online. To make an application form go to Equity Wings to Fly Online Application
HOW TO APPLY
The applicant should create a new account through the portal EQUITY WINGS TO FLY and fill in the 2021 application form for consideration.
- Only 2021 KCPE candidates are viable to make an application for this scholarship.
- The information provided in the online form is intended to help Equity Group Foundation Community Scholarship Selection Board (CSSB) understand the applicant’s academic and financial position for the purpose of assessment for scholarship/award.
- All fields with asterisks (*) are mandatory fields and must be filled accordingly.
- The online application form must be filled accurately, honestly and completely. Equity Group Foundation will reject any applications without relevant documents.
- You will be required to have soft/scanned copies of the following documents to complete the online application process.
• KCPE Results Slip (official KNEC slip or signed & stamped paper from the school)
• Copy of Death Certificate (if father/mother is/are deceased)
• Evidence of financial support (if they have received support in the past)
• Evidence of special needs (if they have indicated special needs)
• Copy of Pay Slip/Bank Statement (if parents/guardians are employed/businessperson/people)
• Signed Declaration by Applicant and Parent/Guardian
• Copy of Birth Certificate
• Filled application and recommendation form by Head Teacher, Provincial Administration, Religious Leader and any other leader
NB: The completion and submission of this form is not a guarantee for
sponsorship. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews.
Any false statements, omissions or forged documents will lead to automatic
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
A successful applicant for the Wings to Fly Scholarship should be:
- Academically Promising – top 5th percentile performing student in their Sub-County in the Kenya Certificate of Primary Education (KCPE).
- Orphaned or from vulnerable backgrounds (as defined below):
• Children who have lost one or both parents and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – evidence in form of Death Certificates/Burial Permits/letter from your Chief should be attached
• Children whose parents are physically or mentally challenged and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education
• Children whose parents are living with HIV/AIDS or other chronic debilitating illnesses and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – medical records should be sought
• Children from families affected by natural disasters such as flooding, drought, and famine or civil conflict and are unable to educate their children and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education – family’s current living conditions
• Children who have suffered neglect and/or abandonment and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education
• Children with parents living under extreme poverty and have no relative or guardian or sponsor to provide for their secondary education