Migori MCA’s effected radical changes at the second house, just days after they voted overwhelmingly to impeach former speaker Boaz Okoth.
The MCA’s Thursday February 10, elected member for Macalder Kanyarwanda George Duro as their new speaker in changes on assembly leadership.
Duro will serve as acting speaker for the remainder of the term.
1. Obado faults MCA’s for Tanzania trip
2. Petition filed in court to bar Migori speaker, his deputy from office
This followed a motion tabled by South Kanyamkago MCA Graham Kagali with Hevrone Maira (Muhuru) seconding.
Duro was then sworn in immediately after all the 41 members present voted him as the acting speaker as had been proposed by Kagali.
In his maiden speack, the acting speaker vowed to united the much divided house and relook at the welfare of MCA and assembly staff.
1. BREAKING: Migori Speaker Boaz Okoth Impeached, Here is Why
2. Migori Speaker Boaz Okoth released on 50k after Assembly break-in arrest
Soon after the election, members from different factions sat and selected their representatives to a new Migori County Assembly Service board.
The following names were fronted:
1. Majority Coalition – Hon. Ken Ouma Ooro ( South Sakwa MCA)
2. Minority Coalition – Hon. Nicholas Rioba (Tagare MCA)
3. Women Caucus – Hon. Grace Odhiambo (Nominated MCA)
4. The Independents – Hon. Christopher Odira Onanda( MCA Suna Central Ward)
DO YOU HAVE MORE?
Send TIPS/Opinion to email@example.com You can also find us on Facebook
Leave a Reply