The National Police Service Commission on Tuesday, 8th March 2022 announced 5000 constable slots in a massive recruitment exercise.
The NPS is seeking the recruitment of 5000 Kenyans in the 2022 job advertisement to be trained as Police Constables.
The exercise will be carried out countrywide and will commence on Thursday, 24th March 2022 , at listed constituency-based recruitment centres.
How to check 1700 Shortlisted in Kenya Prisons recruitment
Entry Requirements for applicants for Police Constable
The applicant must:
1. Be a citizen of Kenya
2. Hold a Kenya National Identity Card
3. Possess a minimum qualification of ‘D+’( Plus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) examination with a ‘D+’ (Plus) in either English or Kiswahili languages;
4. Be aged between 18 and 28 years for holders of KCSE Examination Certificate or its equivalent, and up to 30 years for diploma and degree holders;
5. Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the constitution.
6. Is physically, mentally, and medically fit.
7. Has no criminal record or pending criminal charges.
Female candidates must NOT be pregnant at recruitment and during the entire training period.
The candidates are advised that examinations result slips shall not be accepted.
All candidates must complete the prescribed application form from:
The nearest sub-county police commander (SCPC) or any police station; The nearest sub-county administration police commander’s (CIPU) offices; County commissioner’s offices or the nearest Huduma Centre.
Forms can also be downloaded from npsc.go.ke, nationalpolice.go.ke, kenyapolice.go.ke, administrationpolice.go.ke, cid.go.ke websites.
All applications must be submitted in duplicate accompanied with the following documents
- A copy of the academic certificates and testimonials
- A copy of the Kenya National ID
- A copy of the applicants Birth Certificate
- KRA Pin Certificate
Dates for 2022 Recruitment Exercise
Applicants must present themselves at the recruitment centres with the duly completed form indicating the service of preference on the day of the recruitment exercise.
The exercise will be carried out countrywide and will commence on Thursday, March 24 from 8am to 5pm at listed constituency-based recruitment centres.
All applicants must be at the respective recruitment centre by 8 a.m.
Notice to Applicants
Each applicant must present the original supporting documents for verification. The originals will be returned to the applicant before leaving the recruitment centre.
Applicants recruited for the training into the service shall be bonded to serve in the Nationals Police Service for a minimum period of ten years.
The National Police Service insits that the applicants shall reflect the gender, ethnic and regional diversity of the kenyan people.
Warning to Recruits
- An applicant who canvasses directly or indirectly, willfully presents false academic certificate and testimonials, engages in any corrupt activity shall be disqualified and will be arrested and prosecuted.
- Under section 25 of the National Police Service Commission Act, any person who willfully gives to Commission any information which is false or misleading in any material particular commits an offence and shall on conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding Ksh200,000 or to imprisonment for a term not exceeding two years or both.
Recruitment in different sub counties will mostly be at the DC and DO offices.
Leave a Reply