Education Cabinet Secretary Ezekiel Machogu on Wednesday 17th May launched the Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service (KUCCPS) portal for 2022 KCSE candidates.
The launch took place at the University of Nairobi’s (UoN) Taifa Hall where he also launched the Nairobi Innovation Week at the same event.
The Education CS further noted that students who scored a C+ and above but would wish to join TVET institutions are free to do so.
“In line with the Presidential directive, I have today asked KUCCPS to open its portal today to allow all KCSE candidates to start applying for courses they wish to study in universities and TVET institutions,” said Machogu.
He added; “I have made this directive after getting satisfied that the Placement Service has met the conditions of the new model, having verified and published all the fee details of all programs on their website.”
Additionally, Machogu said KUCCPS would partner with the Huduma Kenya Secretariat to ensure students can apply for their courses from all the 52 Huduma Centres across the country.
Related Content: KUCCPS New Statement On The University Opening Date For First Year
KUCCPS officers will also be sent out to select universities and colleges in every county where they will be available to students, parents, and members of the public for personalized support and assistance.
“I expect the Placement Agency to mount a robust communication and sensitization exercise to ensure all students have details of the application process, and also to complete this exercise by August 2023 to allow students to report to their respective institutions in September,” said Machogu.
How to Apply/Revise
- The KCSE candidates are required to log in at students.kuccps.net
- Upon visiting the placement portal, candidates will register by inserting their KCSE index numbers, KCSE year, and a password of their choice.
- Applicants are advised to use their KCSE index numbers or birth certificate numbers as their initial passwords.
- Once logged in, click on the menu link “institutions” to display the programs they have on offer.
- All programs are grouped into wide fields of interest without limiting choices for applicants.
- For degree applicants, the cluster points are displayed per program on the right-most column.
- Only the code is needed for the application.
- Once done click “Application/Revision.”
- You will be directed to a form that shows the level of programs.
- One can review the choice selected or opt to review them.
- Once done, click Apply Now.
DO YOU HAVE MORE?
Send TIPS/Opinion to firstname.lastname@example.org You can also find us on Facebook
Leave a Reply